Special Exhibition »Augustus the Strong – History. His Myths. His Legends.«
- 21.03.2020 to 01.11.2020
- Moritzburg Castle Show on map
- 8,00 Euro | 6,50 Euro
- Suitable for children:
- yes, recommended from 12 years
He was everything to the people of Saxony: sovereign lord, construction tycoon, patron of the arts, lady killer, socialite, horseshoe bender and the King of Poland. Augustus the Strong, the former Elector of Saxony, has taken on almost superhuman qualities. However, many of his attributes are nothing more than a myth.
In 2020, Schloesserland Sachsen will mark the 350th birthday of Augustus the Strong with a special exhibition to celebrate his mythical status. The historically accurate Augustus is not the topic of this exhibition; we’re more interested in the romanticized, glorified, extravagant Augustus the Strong. Visit this special exhibition from March to November 2020 to mark Augustus’ 350th birthday at the magnificent Moritzburg Castle.
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (15 km)
- via A4, exit Dresden Wilder Mann, follow the signposts
- via A13, exit Radeburg, follow the signposts
By public transport
- rail to Dresden Neustadt Station, then bus line 477 towards Radeburg as far as Moritzburg Castle
- bus line 477 towards Radeburg as far as Moritzburg Castle
Take the historic narrow gauge railway »Loessnitzdackel« from Radebeul to Moritzburg. You reach Radebeul Ost by city rail S1 (Dresden-Meißen). For further information go to http://www.loessnitzgrundbahn.de/.
| 01468 Moritzburg
+49 (0) 35207 873-18