The Baroque castle compound surrounded by a pond attracts thousands of visitors every year. In the 18th century, it served Saxony’s Elector Frederick Augustus I, also known as Augustus the Strong, as a hunting lodge and a magnificent backdrop for royal delights. A round walk of the castle in summer provides insight into the life at court then
- Full rate 8,00 EUR
- Reduced rate 4,00 EUR
- Full rate: EUR 8.00
- Reduced rate*: EUR 4.00
- 2 adults and up to 4 children**: EUR 16.00
- 1 adult and up to 2 children**: EUR 8.00
- Group rate (15 people and more)**: EUR 6.00 per person
- Group rate for pupils: EUR 2.50 per person
With the tickets purchased, you may also visit our special exhibitions.
- Guided tour surcharge (incl. Historical Porcelain Quarter): EUR 2.00 per person
- Guided tour surcharge for pupils and wheelchair user: EUR 1.00 per person
Combined ticket: Moritzburg Castle and Moritzburg Little Pheasant Castle (May - October)
- Full rate: EUR 11.00
- Reduced rate*: EUR 7.00
Tipp: Visitors of Moritzburg Castle or Moritzburg Little Pheasant Castle enjoy free admission to the special exhibition »Straw to Gold«.
Moritzburg Little Pheasant Castle (May - October)
- Full rate: EUR 6.50
- Reduced rate*: EUR 4.50
Moritzburg Little Pheasant Castle may only be visited within one of the guided tours.
Lighthouse (May - October)
- Full rate: EUR 3.00
- Reduced rate*: EUR 1.00
Tipp: Guided tours ascending the lighthouse are offered every Sunday (May - October).
- Children aged 5 or younger
- People visiting the castle on their birthday
- Accompanying adults of severly disabled people (entry »B« iin the disability pass)
- Tour guides
- Tour bus drivers accompanying a tour group
- 1 accompanying adult per 10 pupils
- Journalists for reporting purposes (valid identification required)
- Holders of the schloesserlandPASS
Subject to modifications.
Stay overnight in one of our pond houses directly on Moritzburg Castle Island or use one of the well-known internet travel portals to look for a suitable hotel.
Benefits with the schloesserlandPASS
Free admission to the permanent exhibition
Reduced rates apply to enter special exhibition
Accommodations discount is granted
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (15 km)
- via A4, exit Dresden Wilder Mann, follow the signposts
- via A13, exit Radeburg, follow the signposts
By public transport
- rail to Dresden Neustadt Station, then bus line 326 towards Radeburg as far as Moritzburg Castle
- bus line 326 towards Radeburg as far as Moritzburg Castle
Take the historic narrow gauge railway »Loessnitzdackel« from Radebeul to Moritzburg. You reach Radebeul Ost by city rail S1 (Dresden-Meißen). For further information go to http://www.loessnitzgrundbahn.de/.
| 01468 Moritzburg
Property of State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony, non profit
+49 (0) 35207 873-18
April 1, 2017 to November 5, 2017 Exhibition »Moritzburg Baroque Castle«
- daily: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- last admission: 5:00 pm
- daily guided tours: 10:30 am, noon, 2:00 pm and 3:30 pm
November 18, 2017 to February 25, 2018 »Three Hazelnuts for Cinderella«
- Tue - Sun: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- last admission: 4:00 pm
- Mon: closed (except Dec 25, 2017)
- Dec 24, Dec 31: closed
The exhibition »Moritzburg Baroque Castle« is closed during that time.
Subject to modifications.